Thursday 20 March 2014

Earning Money Through A Healthy And Active Lifestyle

Am I pulling your leg?

Nope, not at all. Our government is rewarding us for maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.

How?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Guess what, it is specially for men only.
Hmm, government must be bias and unfair against the ladies.

I presume you might have guess it already.

IPPT!

This is a great initiation from our government.
An incentive that rewards you for obtaining different class:

Pass : Allowance          
Bronze : $100
Silver : $200
Gold. : $400

I really feel this is considerably a large sum of money the government is rewarding individuals. $400 is a big sum to me and I hope it is for most of you reading here. Every dollar counts for me. Imagine getting Gold for 10 consecutive years. That will be $4000. Ahhar! With this amount, don't you think you can do a lot of things with it?

I do not know the exact amount our government actually fork out annually for this incentive. (Please haters of government don't bash me). I understand these are tax payers money too. So whatever that we are rewarded are actually coming out of our pocket? Hmm, yes it does make sense. But I like to see in this case where, if there is a chance to take money back from the government, I will try all means to take it back. For this case, I will work my very best to get Gold.


Indeed I got gold for my Year One IPPT last weekend.



I'm very proud of myself because I really work EXTREMELY hard to obtain this goal of mine. During my army days, the best I got was Silver. And running was the only factor that stopped me from getting Gold. Ironically, I seems fitter after ORD than I was in army. I did not come up with a regime or routine to train myself for IPPT. I just remained discipline and run at least twice a week. With a mixture of intervals and long distance running I slowly saw improvements to my 2.4km timing. This is not a 1 day trick, it takes time and patience to see the result. $400 in 1.5 hours is my best paid salary ever! Feel free to ask me any other tips regarding IPPT, I will be more than willing to help :) 

I understand some people dread and hate taking IPPT. Please don't give up. AhGong / Free money is for you to collect, so don't waste this opportunity. You may not have to aim for gold, but if you happen to set a goal and manage to achieve it, you should really feel proud of yourself. I also do understand some people may proclaim they have insufficient time. Hey but wait up, YOU choose your life, and YOU make your own choice. The very next time you come up with such excuses again, please smack your face up down left right and center! Hahaha. Okay, on serious note, I believe time can always be set aside for your own health. Don't neglect your health just to attain some other stuffs. Have a work - life - health balance. 


At least one of my checklist is being tick for my new year resolution. You can see them here : LittleBoy's New Year Resolution. And of cause, I will still continue to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Remember, wealth is nothing without health AND health is the greatest wealth!  

To end it off, a simple message to you readers out there. This is one of my key motivation to get me moving and kicking alive! 



If he can do it 
SO CAN YOU! 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Little boy,

    Haha, in a few years time, when you start work and have more commitments and also start earning more, you'll realise that your time needed to earn this $400 is simply not worth it :) Maybe the value of your time is cheaper now, so $400 in exchange of your free time is well worth it. But one day, the value of your time will get higher and higher :)

    I'm not disputing the health benefits, of course. Just talking about the dollar value of that $400 earned with respect to the time spent to earn it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LP,

      True and fair enough. Your point is valid. Maybe one day I will understand this situation.

      BUT

      End of the day, we still need to take IPPT. We cannot skip this phase of our life, so why not take this opportunity to earn some pocket money at the same time keeping fit. Right?

      Talking about time and commitment. Isn't it better to complete and finish this IPPT once and for all for the year? If you fail, you have to retake or probably enroll into the IPT (10 sessions). If you choose to skip IPPT, you choose to get yourself in trouble and fall into all kind of hassle. Eventually, you find yourself committing more time over this IPPT issue.

      Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Haha, last time if you take IPT, it doesn't matter whether you failed or not, so the time commitment spent taking IPT is lesser than the training required on your own :)

    Alas, can't do that thing anymore since they revamped the system lol

    I also think that taking IPPT is detrimental to health too, lol! Esp the running part.. who knows might get a heart attack or something while cheonging for gold, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Choyyyy! You still so young. How can you say this kind of stuff so early. Hahaha. Aiyo, dont have to aim for gold lah. As long you hit your goal and the target you set, you should be happy and proud of yourself. Most importantly, keep a healthy lifestyle :)

      Delete